Surprised me with the marketing tagline: The new Dell Streak. More than a smartphone. More than a tablet.
While it’s interesting that Dell has a phone that is based on Google Android, what I actually find most interested about this is that it uses Gorilla Glass. For those that don’t know, Corning invented Gorilla glass back in 1962 as a super strong glass. It has pretty much sit lifeless as a product ahead of its time and didn’t have any real applications until recently. Gorilla glass is perfect for tablets, phones, flat screen televisions because of it’s strength and durability.
I know that Dell has been in the PDA market for years, and I also knew that the Dell super megastore has sells phones. The Dell Streak is finally here! Looks like you can have one for only $549.99, and only $299.99 with a 2 year contract on AT&T. Another funny thing is that the Dell phone isn’t listed on the Dell store!
Directly from the Dell Streak site:
Introducing the Dell Streak. The perfectly-sized, go-anywhere entertainment, social connection and navigation device.
- Widescreen display optimally designed for mobile web, video and movies
- Integrated social networking widgets and apps, plus tons of apps through the Android Marketplace
- Crystal-clear damage-resistant Gorilla® glass screen
- Google MapsTM with navigation and text-to-voice, turn-by-turn directions with Street View
- Multitasking Google Android OS that give you the freedom to do what you want